Gone With the Wind was shown 137 times in 2015 across 32 states and Washington D.C. Six additional screenings occurred internationally bringing the total number of screenings documented by GWTWShowtimes to 143!!!
The busiest weekend in 2015 for Gone With the Wind was Valentines weekend (February 13-15) where it was screened 26 times in 17 different states!
Eleven Theaters loved Gone With the Wind so much, they hosted at least 3 screenings of the film in 2015!
- Dos Lagos Luxury Theatres – Corona, CA – 3 screenings
- Earle Theatre – Mt. Airy, NC – 3 screenings
- Esquire Theatre – Denver, CO – 3 screenings
- Landmark Theatre – Syracuse, NY – 3 screenings
- Paramount Theater – Abeline, TX – 3 screenings
- Redford Theatre – Detroit, MI – 3 screenings
- Rowhouse Cinema – Pittsburgh, PA – 4 screenings
- Sierra Community Theatre – Jefferson, IA – 3 screenings
- Temple Theatre for the Performing Arts – Meridian, MS – 3 screenings
- Tennessee Theater – Knoxville, TN – 3 screenings
- Varsity Theater on Franklin – Chapel Hill, NC – 4 screenings
The state of New York was the biggest fan of Gone With the Wind in 2015 with 17 different screenings at 13 different venues!
Gone With the Wind proved to be more affordable for families or date nights with an average ticket price of $7.00! Fourteen screenings had free admission!
Several of our favorite theaters continued their annual screening of Gone With the Wind:
- Orpheum Theater in Memphis, TN
- Paramount Theater in Austin, TX
- Valentine Theater in Toledo, OH
- Varsity Theater in Chapel Hill, NC
- Redford Theater in Detroit, MI
- Kentucky Theater in Lexington, KY
- Tampa Theater in Tampa, FL
- The Alabama Theater in Birmingham, AL
Finally, Gone With the Wind enjoyed several television screenings with our friends at Turner Classic Movies broadcasting the film three times in February, August, and November and American Movie Classics broadcasting Gone With the Wind 4 times in an annual day-long marathon on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving!
It was a great year and a great 75th anniversary of the public debut of Gone With the Wind! We look forward to even more in 2016!